To apply for admission to the Personalized Nutrition Master's degree program, complete the application process which begins at the link below. Applicants must have completed a Baccalaureate degree or higher from a regionally accredited college or university, as well as, have completed a college-level biochemistry course or its equivalent. We are currently accepting applications for the Fall 2022 semester. The application deadline is Friday, July 1, 2022 at 11:59 p.m. EST. Apply now to avoid last minute processing delays.
Applications will be evaluated upon receipt of all required documentation:
- A personal statement from the applicant addressing his/her reasons for applying and his/her plans for the future (uploaded).
- Current resume or CV (uploaded).
- Three Letters of Recommendation are required. Recommendations from academic (e.g., former professors or advisors) and professional settings (when relevant, e.g., supervisors or other colleagues) are appropriate. Letters should mention how long they’ve known the student (you) and in what capacity, and importantly, speak of your potential for success in our MSPN graduate program, e.g., describe positive traits of the candidate in the context of the scientific field/graduate program and provide examples.
- Unofficial transcript(s) for all undergraduate and graduate coursework (uploaded).
- Official college transcript(s) mailed to The Graduate School (see address below). Please note that official transcripts from student's previous educational experience at UConn are not required.
- Successful candidates meet the required 3.0 or higher cumulative GPA.
- If you use the results from the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL), you must have a minimum overall score of 550 for the paper-based test or 79 for the internet-based test. GREs are not required.
- When completing the online application form, under Intended Program, please select:
- Level of Study: Masters
- Academic Areas: Agriculture
- Program: Personalized Nutrition MS
- Campus: Storrs
- Residence Affidavit is not required.
- Fields marked with a red asterisk (*) on the application are required fields.
- A non-refundable $75 application fee.
- After you apply, are admitted, and accept an offer of admission, please send The Graduate School your Official Transcript(s) in one envelope to the address listed below. Or, if your school(s) offer an electronic transcript service email them to email@example.com.
- University of Connecticut
Whetten Graduate Center
- The Graduate School
438 Whitney Road Ext., Unit 1152
Storrs, CT 06269-1152
- University of Connecticut
Applications are evaluated as soon as the student’s file is complete.
If you have any questions on how to use the online application system, please contact The Graduate School at 860-486-3617.
International Students: This program is a part-time and online program. Pursuant to U.S. immigration regulations, the University of Connecticut may not sponsor F-1 and J-1 visas for the purpose of coming to the U.S. for enrollment in this program. International students may enroll in this program if they are currently in the U.S. in another visa status that permits foreign nationals to engage in school enrollment while meeting their primary visa objective, or if they complete the program from their home country.